Founded in 2010, Agile is a well-respected and growing IT company. At the heart of our company is a supportive team of experienced and certified engineers and project managers. We take pride in having a great environment for our employees to work in and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
Being a senior technical position, our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years technical experience as this is a fast-paced role, with plenty of scope to develop and excel.
You’ll be motivated by quickly resolving technical problems and proactively identifying potential threats and opportunities for improvement. Therefore, you’ll be a great all-round communicator able to fit right in with our established team of technicians and confident at taking full ownership on projects.
What you will be doing:
- Providing direct IT support to customers in-line with the agreed SLAs.
- Building strong relationships with customers
- Ensuring all support issues are logged and followed-up in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all calls are processed in a timely fashion.
- Creating and up-dating support team documentation and writing technical reports.
- Taking responsibility for resolving escalated support calls via. helpdesk.
- Analysing corrective actions to review helpdesk performance and resource utilisation.
- Attending meetings to progress Sales Orders, Technical Issues and Projects.
- Project managing equipment installations and upgrades.
- Updating systems and shared documentation processes.
- Assisting with management and mentoring of more junior engineers.
- Attending customer sites to investigate and fix support issues.
- Taking a lead on projects and installations such as server installations on-site.
- Conducting effective and efficient housekeeping activities on the customer’s site.
This is a great opportunity to expand on your IT project management experience, where you’ll:
- Take a proactive role ensuring all projects are run smoothly on time and within agreed budget.
- Provide mentoring and direct support to the technical team.
- Provide remote support to the technical team on installation jobs.
- Resolve escalated customer support calls, in a timely manner.
- Effective Communication to keep others up-dated on project progress.
- Lead technical team meetings and provide technical reports and project plans.
- Resource projects and report progress at team meetings.
- Lead technical projects with the Sales/Account Manager
- Provide technical team status up-dates to the management team.
Progressing new business:
You will also be expected to work closely with the sales team on the following:
- Liaise with the Sales Team to ensure installation dates are agreed with customers
- Planning and project managing installations.
- Assisting Sales team with design and specification of solutions for proposals and quotes.
- Researching and suggesting new technologies and innovations.
- Assisting with improvements to the businesses systems and processes.
- Proactively identify sales opportunities with both new and existing customers.
- Proven track-record of IT with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an IT role
- Demonstratable Commercial Awareness in all that you do.
- Experience in being a positive role model to more junior technicians.
- Experience of responding to complex technical queries.
- MCSA or MCSE is favourable
- Full Driving Licence
Attributes we’re looking for:
- A great attitude with persistence and a positive attitude.
- An approachable, friendly manner with good communication skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly, drawing on your technical skills
- Strong commercial awareness and appreciation for identifying new business opportunities.
- Clear instruction to other members of the team on the progress of activities.
- Ability to be a fantastic role model to more junior members of the team, offering guidance when needed.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone with a genuine concern for quality, always striving to do an excellent job and managing own and the team’s performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior IT Technician looking for a rewarding and challenging role. What’s more, in return for your dedication, you’ll be encouraged to learn and develop your skills at a pace and work on projects that genuinely excite you.
Salary: £24,000 to £35,000 + Car (Based on Experience)
Vacancy Location: Agile Technical Solutions, Langham (Colchester)
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply for this role please forward an up-to-date CV outlining your experience.
Strictly… No agencies to make contact. Thank you.